Your shopping cart is empty!
Each month we will feature one of our talented customers and share with you their story and tasty tips.
Cake Crumbs - with Elle West from Delleicious.by.elle
1. How did your baking journey begin?
My all time favourite dessert was the Brownie, but no one could ever make it exactly the way I liked, so I decided to make it myself. That's where my baking journey began but my passion for it sparked when I met my husband.
2. As a cake decorator, what do you feel are the benefits of using edible images?
For me, it reduces stress. Even though I make all my own fondant cake toppers, it's always good to know that if you are short on time or you feel there is something missing on your original design, you can always use edible images! I strictly don't make human figurines so I always use edible images as my go to!
3. What’s your favourite type of cake to create?
I used to love making mini and individual desserts but now I enjoy making creative and floral buttercream cakes.
4. What’s the strangest/funniest cake you’ve been asked to make?
The strangest cake I was asked to make was actually a plug socket cake.
5. What’s your best tip for wanna be cake makers/decorators?
If you wake up in the morning and baking is the first thing that comes to mind, then you should be a baker! Don't let anyone else tell you what you should be doing with your life and never let the hard times and doubts weigh you down.
6. What is your all time favourite cake making tool?
Definitely my offset spatula, I use it for everything! I have three and want more!
7. Do you have any tips you can share when either printing or applying edible images?
Yes! Be patient. Wait for the ink to completely dry before trying to apply the images to your cake/fondant. Also always make sure you do general maintenance on your machine to ensure maximum results each time. Very important!